Thursday, May 31, 2012

Another Finish

After hemming the butterfly skirt, I decided to continue with the forward momentum and dragged out another skirt that needed a hem. If I'm going to be honest, I'd say that this project is a UFO. It was all finished, except the hem, ages ago and has been languishing in my sewing room ever since. I don't have anything to wear with it, or really any place or occasion where I'd wear it, so there wasn't any rush. You would think that I at least have a white top, but no... none in my closet. Well, none that fit, anyway.

The pattern is McCalls 5523, sewn in what can only be described as a Mystery Fabric. I picked it up on sale at Joann's ages ago. Overall this skirt went together very well, and I could see making one of the other views someday. I just love the back detailing! The front is very plain-- just a straight skirt with princess seams, so I didn't bother with a photo of that side.



No comments:

Post a Comment